Life can get hectic. We all have days where we lose focus, swamped with deadlines, have no motivation, or want the day to be over with. But if you want to turn your day around and stop the choppiness – serve up Aloha.
How do you feel when you help someone or compliment a person which makes them smile? People don’t realize that as much as we want to feel good about ourselves, we always feel better when we contribute to others. There are days when I’m in a funk and don’t feel very positive. But once I recognize it, I take a deep breath and think of ways to turn it around.
Most of the times it’s pretty simple. Here are a few ways that I used to try to turn my day around by serving up some Aloha:
- Said “Good Morning” to a stranger with a smile
- Complimented on someone’s new hair cut
- Opened the door for an elderly woman who complimented me with, “Wow, there are still gentlemen in this world.”
- Sent an email to a friend who I haven’t talked to in a long time just to catch up on what’s been going on in each other’s life
- Surprised my wife with flowers, like they say ‘Happy wife is a happy life.”
- Dreamed up some C.R.A.Z.Y business idea that excites me and makes me feel like a GENIUS.
When in doubt about where your day is headed – serve up Aloha - and it’ll make it all better.
ALOHA TO YOU is my first self-published book recently released. It has always been a dream of mine to publish a book that could inspire and help others. I’m a big believer that you have a purpose in life. But in order to find your purpose and true passion, you must discover who you are first. For more information visit: